Medical Licensing Exam
The qualifying exam is considered to be one of the requirements for registration / licensing of healthcare practitioners to ensure the efficiency and the eligibility of applicants to work safely in the State of Qatar. All categories listed below must pass the electronic qualifying exam to get a license to practice after fulfilling all other requirements of registration and licensing.
The Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners provides computer based examination (Prometric) for 12 categories / Specialties of healthcare practitioners all week working days as follow :-
1. General scope physicians.
2. General scope dentists.
4. General Scope nurses.
6. Laboratory technician includes: Laboratory Technologist,& Laboratory Technician.
7. Physiotherapist includes: Physiotherapist &Physiotherapy Technician.
8. Emergency Medical Technician includes: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Paramedic - Critical Care Paramedic - Advanced care Paramedic.
9. Radiology technician includes: X-Ray Technologist - X-Ray technician - Radiographer - MRI Technologist - MRI Technician - Nuclear Medicine Technologist - ultrasound technician (US Technician).
10. Dental Assistant.
11. Dental Hygienist.
12. Dental technician.
More Examinations can be added as needed
The scopes not required to sit for the qualifying exam will be reviewed and evaluated as per the registration Department approved qualification or through panel committee assessment.
For certificates that exempt their holder from the qualifying exam of General scope physician and General scope dentist, please visit the department policy & procedure from the site policy & procedure.
For registration/ licensing requirements and eligibility for medical license, please visit the Scope of Practice section in the site.
For any query regarding the electronic qualifying exam, and to get more information about registering for the exam, please visit the company organizing the exams (Prometric)
Electronic Examination References